Privacy Breach Resources
Privacy Breach Practices in Manitoba, December 2016
Useful practice notes:
- Key steps in responding to privacy breaches under FIPPA and PHIA (revised February 2017)
- Protecting personal and personal health information when working outside the office
- Reporting a privacy breach to Manitoba Ombudsman
- Guidelines for Implementing a Privacy Management Program for Privacy Accountability in Manitoba's Public Sector
- Ten Tips for Addressing Employee Snooping
Privacy-wise stickers have been created by a working group of representatives from Manitoba eHealth, Manitoba Health and Manitoba Ombudsman to remind health-care providers, support staff and trustees to protect the privacy of Manitobans when using electronic health systems.
The stickers fit on the top of your computer monitor or laptop and are easy to remove and do not leave behind a residue.
There is a series of five stickers with different privacy messages. Most of these privacy messages would also be relevant to public bodies that use electronic systems containing personal information of clients.
To request stickers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-982-9130. [Stickers are available in English only]